A totally unrelated picture of Jane: in her element, pajamas halfway off because she kept running away from me, surrounded by books.
Ah, resolutions. I love them. I really do. Because I truly try to accomplish them. I don't get them all done, but even the striving for them is good for me. Last year I really wanted to read 12 good works of literature. And I got close! I read eleven and a half before the new year, though I confess some were rather short. It also helped that I've been participating in a fabulous book group where we read the classics. I have LOVED diving into good literature again.
Last year I also wanted to learn more about hairstyling. I was determined to learn how to curl my hair. Well, guess what? Short of getting a perm, my hair likes to be straight. It just does. I know, I know, I'm sure there's some product out there that would work wonders for me, but I tried a few "fabulous" ones that ended up not working at all, and I got tired of wasting my money. So unless anyone wants to let me borrow their product for a week or two, I give up. I did however, learn how to curl Livia's hair, so that's useful! I also finally taught myself how to french braid, and learned a few new up-dos to do on my own hair. So while I may not have revolutionized my hair life, I did learn a few things.
THIS year, I have two main goals, and a lot of little ones I won't bother mentioning. Guys, I'm finally going to make myself exercise. What I want most of all is to find something that I can maintain. I have no problem doing bursts of exercise for a month or two, but I want to set up something regular, and make it part of my schedule so that I keep it up long term. So for that to happen, I need to find something fun. I don't think it will be hitting the gym. It may be dance classes. But I'm going to spend the year figuring it out.
My other goal is to get organized. Mostly in my paperwork and storage unit. The rest of the house isn't too bad, except it's time to rotate the girl's clothing (again).
I also made goals for the girls: Livia is supposed to learn to eat like a normal human being, and for that purpose has had no treats at home for the last two weeks, and will have none until further notice (barring special occasions, like when she attends a birthday party). Jane is supposed to get weaned off the pacifier. I don't mind if she has it while she sleeps, but she likes it way more often than that, so we will be working on it.
Don't you love goals?! I sure do. I'm so excited to see what this year will bring!
2 comments:
Great goals! There is always the silicon valley sprint triathlon in April that can be a good motivator to start exercising : )
I keep going back and forth about setting goals for this year. Maybe I should make the goal to be more decisive. Or maybe not.
Post a Comment