Tuesday, March 12, 2013

101 in 1001

Some time ago a friend of mine did the 101 in 1001 challenge--101 goals that you have 1001 days to finish (just under three years). I've toyed with the idea of doing it a few times, and had listed out a handful of goals I would do. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I kept having these bursts of inspiration of things I wanted to accomplish in the next three years, so I sat down and made the full list. March 5, 2013 was my official start date, which puts my deadline at December 3, 2015.

I don't know that I'll be able to do them all, but even if just most of them are accomplished, I'll feel pretty good!


1.        Watch “Gone with the wind”
2.        Burn all home videos onto dvd
3.        Make my own pasta from scratch
4.        Volunteer in the community
5.        Go on a bike ride
6.        Do something that terrifies me
7.        Travel to a foreign country
8.        Have a baby
9.        Roast a chicken
10.     Visit Yosemite
11.     Fly a kite
12.     Organize my recipes into a binder
13.     Update our will
14.     Read “Anna Karenina”
15.     Take a picture every day for a month.
16.     Do a puzzle (500+ pieces)
17.     Eat at Five Guys
18.     Make homemade rolls
19.     Get my Grandma Fitt’s bread recipe and make it
20.     Buy a piano
21.     Visit Napa
22.     Visit Hearst Castle
23.     Visit Filoli Gardens
24.     Send a card or package to someone (birthdays don’t count)
25.     Reconnect with an old friend
26.     Potty train Jane
27.     Volunteer at Livia’s school
28.     Sew new pillow covers
29.     Sew a skirt
30.     Actually get in the water at the beach
31.     Visit my sister in Seattle
32.     Read “Gone with the Wind”
33.     Finish the Hornblower series
34.     Read a non-fiction book
35.     Attend a classical music performance
36.     Attend an operatic performance
37.     Go see a musical or play
38.     Go to the ballet
39.     Do 25 real push-ups in a row
40.     Go on a family picnic
41.     Sit outside at dusk and watch the stars come out
42.     Go ice skating
43.     Take Livia fishing
44.     Go camping
45.     Take the girls for a ride on the train
46.     Take a night time hike by the light of the moon
47.     Lay in the grass and find shapes in the clouds
48.     Go to a trampoline gym
49.     Off-site storage for important photos and documents
50.     Organize my filing cabinet
51.     Organize my e-life (i-tunes, computer folders, bookmarks, etc.)
52.     Begin PAF
53.     Try to get old family pictures from Self, Baldwin, and Adamson side
54.     Find a form of oatmeal that I enjoy eating
55.     Build up food storage
56.     Build up emergency savings account
57.     Prepare 72 hour kits
58.     Scan my journals
59.     Make binders for each child’s projects
60.     Throw a party (not a child’s birthday party)
61.     Attend a Bollywood class
62.     Learn to do a backward walk-over
63.     Play tennis with Chase
64.     Play monopoly with Chase
65.     Finish a New York Times crossword without any assistance
66.     Learn to make a good green smoothie
67.     Learn two new embroidery stitches
68.     Make a new friend
69.     Finish London scrapbook/album
70.     Attend a professional soccer game
71.     Buy lipstick and wear at least once
72.     Blog once a week for two months
73.     Go on a good hike
74.     Attend the temple at least 10 times (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
75.     Get up with the girls every day for a week so Chase can sleep in
76.     Go to the De Young museum in SF
77.     Host a game night
78.     See Michelangelo’s David and the Sistine Chapel
79.     Get my wedding ring re-plated
80.     Take a free online class
81.     Leave a 20 dollar tip for a meal less than 20 dollars
82.     Make a pie on Pi day
83.     Learn to do the splits
84.     Plan a date night with Chase every week for a month
85.     Go on a double date
86.     Have pizza in Naples
87.     Paint on a canvas
88.     Buy a hat and wear it
89.     Put emergency supplies in both cars
90.     Try Zumba five times (1 2 3 4 5)
91.     Spend a solid hour of undivided attention with Jane every day for a week
92.     Read “Charlotte’s Web” to Livia
93.     Play in the rain with my girls
94.     Ride a trolley in San Francisco
95.     Buy a new dress
96.     Re-read the New Testament
97.     Finish reading The Book of Mormon as a family
98.     Cook a new recipe involving fish
99.     Refinish a piece of furniture
100.   Read all the books I’ve borrowed from my grandmother
101.   Buy 10 songs that are on my i-tunes wish list

I hope to provide occasional updates on my blog as to how I'm progressing on this list. Wish me luck! Or, even better, make your own list and join me!

2 comments:

laura said...

I love this! Especially #31 :)

Simonds Family said...

This is great! I love your goals. I've been feeling like a punk because I didn't make any written or spoken goals for this year, so maybe something like this is the way to go. I especially hope you get to do all you Italy related goals =)