Friday, May 9, 2014

#31 Visit my sister in Seattle

Livia had spring break at the beginning of April, and the week beforehand I realized we had nothing planned that whole week. So I texted my sister and the next thing we knew we were driving up to Seattle!

In case you were wondering, yes it was a very long drive by myself with two kids! But thanks to a very kind friend who lent us a portable dvd player, as well as lovely scenery to make it more bearable, we survived.

Mt. Shasta
It was so great to visit Laura and her family, and we very much enjoyed all the things we did and saw there!

Pike's market

 Cool, giant fountain. We inadvertently dressed them all in grey and pink that day, making them look even more like twinners than they already did!
 Laura is about three months ahead of me in her pregnancy. Can't wait to meet my first nephew!
 Making sugar cookies
 Watching Frozen together. Livia insisted that I give her a "braid to the side" like Elsa, and Jane requested two braids like Anna. I'm just glad they've attached themselves to the two different sisters, or we'd have some problems.

 Little river by Laura's place. Washington is beautiful!


Children's museum





Dance party

Cheers!

Laura and I squeezed in a trip to the temple one night (thanks again, Austin!)

Gum wall


 Space needle
 Snoqualmie Falls



It was a wonderful way to spend spring break (albeit a bit more chilly than California), and we had a marvelous time!

No comments: