Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Quiet book

Well, here it is! It took me countless hours, plus some more for things that I messed up and had to do over again at the last minute, but it's done! I've realized, once again, that being crafty is not one of my natural-born talents, but it was fun to create something.

This picture is of most of the pages I made:


1. Noah's ark
2. teepee
3. maypole
4. paper and pencil
5. mailbox (to put notes or drawings in from previous page)
6. tic-tac-toe
7. balloons that go up and down
8. shapes
9. clock
10. make a jack-o-lantern
11. colors for a rainy day
12 and 13. alphabet
14. tie a bow
15. apple tree with snap-on apples

I also made a set of pages with a closet full of little clothes on one side:
and a drawn-on person on the other. So you can dress it up! I had way too much fun with this page, and even made accessories (including the obligatory pair of red heels).

This is the completed book (before a minor disaster occurred and I had to alter the cover a bit. I'm posting this picture because it looks better than the way it looks now. :(


I also have a page where you button on flowers, but I don't have a picture of it, and it's in a room with a sleeping child at the moment, so I'll just have to do without it.


4 comments:

mj said...

love it. LOVE it. now can you help me do my reverence book?

Stephanie M. said...

Wow that's awesome!! If you have instructions on how you made this, please send them my way!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Ok, I love that. I am really impressed, it doesn't look homemade at all. You did a great job! I be Livia loves that!

cjt1959 said...

Mary, darling book! It reminds me of Austin's baby quiet book. We asked each member of the family to make one page for it and it turned out so cute and was a wonderful memory. I think he has it in a box of old baby things so he can pull it out for one of their kids someday! Great job!