Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Working on my goals

November and December are always incredibly busy for me, and this year was no exception. I did, however, manage to complete a few more of my goals during that time period. (To be honest, I'm not sure quite when I finished some of these. I may have even already recorded them. Don't worry about it.)

5. Go on a bike ride
I went on a nice ride around the neighborhood with my little brother and sister over Thanksgiving. It was lovely.

17. Eat at Five Guys
It's located right next to Panera and Pinkberry, so I always opt out. But one night we tried it, and it was pretty good!


39. Do 25 real push-ups in a row
You guys, this one is huge. This one took me months to do, seeing as I was starting from ONE push-up. It took me a couple months of consistency to get up to 12, and then after that it went quite a lot faster. I kept it up for a couple of weeks after I hit my goal....and haven't done any at all since then. Whoops.

42. Go ice skating

50. Organize my filing cabinet
This is one that I did awhile ago, so I may have already mentioned it. All I can say is, it feels so good to know where everything is, and also to have a place to put the zillions of papers that I get that can't immediately be recycled!

54. Find a form of oatmeal that I enjoy eating.
That would be baked oatmeal. 

55. Build up food storage
Christmas this year was food storage. Hooray for preparedness!

61. Attend a Bollywood class
I really enjoyed this class. It's a shame it's too pricey to be practical for me right now. 

97. Finish reading The Book of Mormon as a family
We finished just before Thanksgiving and had a party to celebrate. And then started right back up again at 1 Nephi. The girls only pay attention about 30% of the time, but at least it's forming a habit, right?

That's 44/101 as I head into the new year. I've got a few more in the works right now, and I'm really hoping to get several of the organization-type goals crossed off within the next few months. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Rach said...

I want to be just like you Mary. JUST. LIKE. YOU. Not sure there is a better person, anywhere!