Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love craigslist!

I have been researching high chairs for weeks now, and finally decided on the Graco Contempo. Only problem is it was never in stock (apparently it's a pretty popular chair). So on Monday we called the store and they had it. Yay! We went to go pick it up, but once there I noticed that the seat cover on the particular model they had was not all washable. That just seemed like a really bad idea, considering Livia's only 6 months old and already manages to get what she's eating into her hair and all over her clothes.

We spent the next hour (to Chase's chagrin) mulling over the other high chair options they had. There was another one that I liked, but it was way out of our price range. So I settled on one that was more affordable but, frankly, unattractive. I was not happy with our purchase, so the next day I got back online to do more research. On a whim, I checked craigslist, and someone was selling a graco contempo for half the price it usually is! It appeared to be only lightly used, so I called up and drove to San Jose to check it out. It was in good shape, so I bought it, took it home, and cleaned it up. Looks practically new! I must say that craigslist has certainly served me well on more than one occasion.

Not bad, eh?

1 comment:

EvaMarieva said...

Great find!. It looks like it is in good condition.