
On Sunday, Chase and I were called to be primary teachers, and were thrilled to find out we'd be getting the sunbeam class! I think it'll be fun to teach together, and the children are absolutely adorable.
We sat in on primary that day, just to become familiar with the schedule and routine they have. I think I ended up chuckling to myself 95% of the time...the kids were so funny! Some of my favorite moments....
When the senior primary kids arrived, the chorister asked the junior primary kids to look behind them and see who was here. One little boy who was sitting directly in front of me leapt from his chair, shouting "let's wrestle!!"
teacher: "What are you grateful for?"
child: "Heavenly Father, God, and Jesus"
Little girl: I don't want you to sit next to me.
Little boy: Well, that's rude.
While they were singing a song about autumn time the kids had fake leaves to throw around. One little boy picked up a leaf and, glaring at it, said, "Don't mess with me, leaf!"
Part of a prayer..."thank us for this day. Thank us for primary..."
Seriously, so excited about this calling!
1 comment:
You will be great teachers. I love teaching Sunbeams-they are such sweet spirits and can really brighten your day!
Post a Comment