It's so easy to take all of our abilities for granted, but when you have a child you celebrate the little things. For example, this week Livia learned how to...
- turn the light switch on, as well as off
- clap (actually, she slaps her knees. Close enough, I say)
- hold up her sippy cup high enough that she can actually drink out of it (this is pretty exciting for me, as I always had to hold it for her before)
- climb up all the steps on the playground at Thaddeus park
- open doors by pulling on those little door stops on the bottom (not so exciting for me)
- sing along to music (sounds like "haaaa, haaaa")
- point
- Say the word "hi" (pronounced "ah"). I am officially calling this her first word, unless you can count growling, because although she can copy the sounds I make, this is the only one that she uses consistently and in the appropriate context.
This is exciting stuff!
Livvy has been taking steps for the past two months. Everyday I expect her to realize she can walk and just take off. It hasn't happened yet, but she's still making progress and becoming increasingly confident in her ability. Here's a video we took on Monday night.
2 comments:
oh, man. i don't know whether to jump for joy or go cry in the corner. okay, i'll jump for joy. :) yay livvy!! maybe she can give leah some lessons in confidence?
Wow! She can walk!! That is so fun. I love that you say she claps by slapping her knees. That is so cute, she is so creative! And chases's comment on the VISA was pretty funny.
I LOVE the hat you are wearing. You look really good!
Post a Comment