I've been working with Livia on the concept of consequences. That if she does something bad she will receive some sort of punishment (usually a short time out or a loss of milk privileges). Tonight at dinner she chewed up a carrot in her mouth and then suddenly spit out the whole slobbering mess onto the ground. Logical consequence? She had to clean it up! (At least a good part of it)
What surprised me is the ATTITUDE she gave me about it! I expected some whining. But that's not really what I got! She was rolling her eyes at me, giving me withering glances (really, that's the only way to describe them), and saying things like "It's just too hard. Mommy do it" or "I can't do it. My hands will get dirty." That little scamp was coming up with excuse after excuse as to why she couldn't do it. I thought I was going to explode with trying to be patient through it all!
Makes me a little worried about the attitude I might be getting from her 14 years down the road...
5 comments:
i'm still laughing at the "loss of milk privileges." this is serious business.
Oh food spiting. Every once and a while we get that and then I a sideways glance and a, "it too big. mommy help" ie-mom, you clean it up while i watch. Oh toddlers.
Haha...I love imagining a 2 year old roll her eyes, how funny! She has some sass! But with Livia I'm sure it's cute sass. But good for you to impose consequences...I don't imagine that being the "easy" part of parenting by any means.
oh that Livy! We just love her!
I can't help it but that is too cute! We miss you guys. If only the weather would brighten up so we can go to Rinconada!
Post a Comment