Snippets of conversations with Livvy:
Me whispering in church: Livia, it's time to pray.
Livia, hissing back at me: Shh! It's a secret!
Livia: Mommy, sing me the Three Billy Goats Gruff song
Me: I don't know a Three Billy Goats Gruff song
Livia (wide-eyed and encouraging): But you can try!
One day at dinner:
Livia (resting her head on one hand): So Daddy, how was work?
Chase: It was good. How was your day?
Livia: Good
Chase: What did you do?
Livia: Oh you know, played with Emerson, went to the park, slides, swings, sand...you know.
(She's become the Queen of small talk, and frequently asks me how my day or week is going, what my favorite animal or food is, or any other question she can think of to fill in gaps of a conversation. It never fails to make me smile!)
Livia is growing up so fast! She, however, does not want to be big. Everytime I say something about her being a "big girl" she gets upset and says she's NOT big, she's little. She's a baby. I'm thinking this may make potty training a little bit more challenging (which, by the way, I'm hoping to attempt again soon. Wish me luck!)
Liv still loves to read, both with me and on her own, and color. She is incredibly excited for Halloween, is insistant on being a "scary, old, pink MONSTER!" and has been carrying around her trick-or-treating pumpkin ever since I got it out of storage. I need to quickly figure out how to make a pink monster costume that she will actually wear!
Every day is a bit of an adventure with her. She knows her own mind, and can be very forceful when sharing her opinions. We are now required, every time we're in the car, to listen to her "favorite songs," a cd of children's music I bought for her last Christmas. Luckily the songs are good, but after listening to it most of the way to and from Apple Valley last week, I would be happy never to listen to that cd again! And yet, every time we get in the car and she asks for it, I go ahead and turn it on. Because you know what? That particular battle is just not worth it.
Alrighty, I'm pretty much caught up on my blog now. Hopefully I'll have lots of fun things to write about over the holidays!
2 comments:
she is so so cute! i loved being able to spend those extra days with her.
i noticed how if we ever commented on how she was such a big girl, she was adamant in saying, "no, i'm a baby!" what a cutie! good luck with the potty training.
can't wait to see you at christmas!
She is just absolutely adorable. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment