I think Halloween must seem very magical to little kids. You get to dress up, and then people just GIVE you candy!
Livvy had been looking forward to Halloween for weeks, and I think it fulfilled all her expectations! We went to two halloween parties and went trick-or-treating twice (both on Saturday), so she had LOTS of delicious treats, and had ample opportunity to wear her ballerina costume.

Chase and I dressed up as a pair of scarecrows. He's not typically a fan of dressing up, so this was big news!

Here she is with her cute little friends at one of the parties we attended.

Carving pumpkins this year went a lot more smoothly than last year (when, if you recall, Livia flipped out because we'd carved up her precious pumpkins). This time she was excited about it, and helped Chase design the face she wanted for her jack-o-lantern. She would have nothing to do with the goop inside the pumpkin, and she's definitely too young to help carve, so she ended up just sitting and watching the entire process. I was worried she'd be bored, but I think she rather enjoyed it!
Livia likes to "floss" her teeth every night, and that night she ran out and started flossing the pumpkin's teeth! Too funny.

The finished products:

We had a little funeral ceremony for our jack-o-lanterns today. So long until next year!
Buried in candy (and thrilled beyond all reason!)
Happy Halloween everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment