Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This and that

  • I've become sufficiently large and uncomfortable enough to shop at Costco in pajama bottoms. And not even care.
  • My daughter is obsessed with The Little Einsteins. All of her make believe play now includes events and characters from this show. To be honest though, I'm glad it's her favorite. She's learning all sorts of things about music, art, and geography, at least!
  • Livia's vocabulary astounds me. I know that kids are programmed to soak up language, but it still catches me off guard when she uses words like "ominous," or when asked what she wants for dinner responds "no preference."
  • Liv is also going through a bathroom humor phase. I'm hoping that since she's a girl this will be the LAST time she goes through this phase. It's not too bad...but when someone asked her the other day to say something funny she said "poo-poo!" and started giggling hysterically. Nice.
  • Baby Baldwin is super active. I haven't even thought about doing kick counts with this pregnancy because she is always moving. Or at least it seems that way. It's gotten hard to write in my journal in bed, because I have it propped on my belly and she moves so much I can't keep the journal still!
  • We are officially cursed when it comes to vacuums. The belt on our vacuum broke, and when I took it to a repair shop they estimated $70 to fix it. Since we've had to have this one fixed before, I'm thinking we should just buy a new one. If we do, it'll be our fourth in four years. In the meantime, our carpet isn't looking too hot (since, you know, it was when I went to vacuum it that I discovered it was broken...and that was a few days ago now. In a house where lots of children play. yikes.)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm just thoroughly impressed that you write in your journal. And pajama pants are all the rage in Costco, you little trend setter, you. :)