Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween

I did not take nearly enough pictures of all our Halloween festivites. Considering the three parties Chase and I attended, trunk-or-treat, actual trick-or-treating, downtown los altos trick-or-treating, and two other parties that Livia attended....you'd think I'd have more than a handful of pictures. And at least one decent one of Jane. But alas! I do not. Let's just chalk it up to "living in the moment" and move on, shall we?

Me and Chase. We both went as paintings. He is a rough copy of Van Gogh's self-portrait, and I went as a Jackson Pollock painting. Chase made my costume, and did an awesome job.
 Liv put her costume together from things we already had in our dress-up box. About two months ago she came out, all dressed up and said, "Mom, I want to be a fairy princess for halloween." Done.
 Her Grandma Baldwin sent her the perfectly matching wand to complete the ensemble, and she loves to cast spells at me with it, turning me into a frog, or horse, or some other creature.
 Here's Jane in her tinkerbell costume. You may recognize it from when Livia was 6 months old. How could I not use it when they hit their first halloween at exactly the same age?
 This is the only picture I have of both girls. Sad, I know. I always meant to take another one...
 Likewise meant to get a better picture than this of Jane. Poor, neglected second child.
 I'm telling you, I have terrible pictures! Here's Livia with her joy school class. Notice that none of them are looking at the camera, and Cameron's not even in it!
 Regardless of my complete lack of photography skills, Livia had a fabulous halloween. She got lots of candy, which she has been most generous in sharing with us, and I think will have many happy memories of this holiday.
And a big thanks to everyone who threw the fabulous parties we attended!

No comments: