Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recent Favorites

Websites:

Power of Moms--a fabulous resource that always leaves me with a new parenting idea, fresh energy to put my all into mothering, and all while feeling "yes, parenting can be hard, but it's so amazing, too!"
http://powerofmoms.com/

LiveSV--The other day I was wishing there was some website that would list all the events going on in the bay area. Guess what? There is.
http://www.livesv.com/

Word of Wisdom Living--All about logical, healthy, nutritious living.
http://www.wordofwisdomliving.com/

Recipes:

Rustic Crusty bread--Okay, so not whole grain bread (which I've been trying harder to always eat, thanks to the website listed above), but ridiculously easy to make, and so delicious.Not much beats some fresh, warm bread at dinner!
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/02/rustic-crusty-bread-a-simple-how-to.html

Split Pea Soup--
I've been making this one for awhile now, but I still love how easy and chock full of vegetables this soup is.
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2011/02/split-pea-soup-with-barley-and-ham-slow-cooker.html

Caprese Skewers--Again, so easy to make (I'm all about simple, yet delicious food, can you tell?) and so, so yummy. They make a fabulous appetizer, especially since you can prepare them in advance, then just sprinkle the balsamic vinegar on right before serving.
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2011/02/caprese-skewers.html

Lemon Crinkles--I feel like I always make the same cookies over and over, so when I saw these I had to give them a try. I love that the only extra thing I need to have is a lemon, otherwise all the other ingredients are pantry staples. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/01/lemon-crinkles.html

P.S. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/ is obviously a new favorite cooking website of mine. Not everything I've made off of here has worked out for me, but overall I've had a pretty good success rate!

Authors:


I'm reading David Copperfield right now for a book group I'm in, and I had forgotten how much I love love love Dickens. He is genius.


No comments: