Friday, May 15, 2015

January and February


Chase got me a new camera after I had Grace, and one day I had a little photo shoot with my girls.






 This next one is one of my favorite pictures, ever.


They're so cute when they're captured in photos, all happy and pleasant and not bickering with each other. :) 

Rolling over for the first time
 Went on a hike to Deer Hollow Farm with their cousin.
 Livia set up an art store outside one day. No customers, unfortunately. But then, we didn't advertise. She was totally undeterred and just drew happily the entire time.
 First bite of rice cereal!

This is how Jane goes to ballet class. Girl's got style.
 But don't let her do her own make-up. Yeesh.
 During winter break we took a trip down to Southern California. We stayed with my parents a bit, and also went to San Diego with Chase's parents.


We hiked to the top of a hill, which was not hard for us adults, but challenging for those with little legs! They were troopers, though!

We took the girls to Sea World, and they loved it!
 Jane was completely star struck
 I was able to visit with two other friends from high school, but I didn't get a picture with Kelly! I love catching up with everyone!

The San Diego Wild Animal Park was also a hit with my girls. Even Livia liked it, and she is notorious for disliking zoos. I think the icees helped.


I've been to lots of zoos, and I've never seen elephants play like this. We watched for a full half hour, as they rough housed in the water. The best part was a very young elephant that kept trying to sneak away from his parents to jump in the water. He finally succeeded. My girls cheered. I sympathized with the poor mother.

 Had to stop by the San Diego temple! Liv refused to get out of the car. Sigh.


 We took a tour of the USS Midway, which was fascinating, even for the girls.
 Checking out the planes Grandpa Baldwin used to fly!

 #43 Take Livia fishing (You didn't think I'd forgotten about my goals, did you?!)


Thank goodness my brother, Perry, was with us, because neither Chase nor I had been fishing since we were kids, and I was clueless. We went to a stocked pond in Apple Valley, and both Chase and Perry caught a fish, but apparently fishing is not one of my talents, because I came up totally empty.





City slickers:

 #19 Get my Grandma's bread recipe and make it.
It took me three tries to get it just right, but man, was it delicious.


1 comment:

Simonds Family said...

Shoot! I forgot about my goals. Drats. You're a good example!

Henry set up a store in our back yard the other day and kept asking me how he could advertise to get people 'to come in from the streets.' No way, kiddo.

Looks like you've been up to a lot of good stuff. The pictures of the girls are beautiful!