Monday, October 6, 2008

Join the club

I've been debating whether or not to start a blog for some time now, but decided I might as well since I've had several people tell me recently that I ought to.

The latest event in our lives? Chase's birthday!! Chase turned 25 on Saturday and we celebrated by...watching General Conference! What better way to spend your birthday than listening to the voice of the prophet, eh? Conference was great, but we really did celebrate, too. A week ago I took him indoor skydiving...



And decided to try it myself, too.



On his birthday we invited some people over for cake and ice cream. A few weeks ago I asked Chase what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. "A winnie-the-pooh cake," he told me, in true Chase fashion. He was totally joking of course, but I thought it would be pretty dang funny if I actually made one! So while he was at the priesthood session of conference I set to work. Maren was SO kind to watch Livia for me while I decorated it, and for my first-ever attempt at decorating a cake, I thought it turned out fairly well! You can tell what it is, at least, right??







We all got a good laugh out of it, but Livia didn't share in our amusement...


That's probably all I'm going to post for now. Once I figure out how to upload videos from our video camera I'll post Livia's first taste of sweet potatoes. Classic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you have a blog! I love blogging!! By the way, the cake for Chase is really impressive. I never would have geussed it was your first time!

Stephanie M. said...

Wow, I'm so excited about your blog! Your cake looks fantastic!! I hope you, Chase, and Livia are doing well. Kyle's most serious job pursuit right now is in upstate NY, so we'll see where we end up..

Shallee said...

YAY!!! You have a blog! I love blogs, I'll probably stalk you all the time! Livia just keeps getting cuter. :)

Anonymous said...

HI Mary,
Glad to see youguys joined the club:). How are you guys liking California? Livia is getting so big. She is adorable. Hope all is well.

Gina