Saturday, October 31, 2009

pumpkin paradise

Livia loves pumpkins (or pun-tees, as she calls them). We decided to take her to a pumpkin farm last week, and she was in absolute heaven!

At first she was a little overwhelmed, but by the end she was running around yelling "PUN-TEES!" every 2.6 seconds.
For FHE we decided to carve our pumpkins. I thought that since Livia loved pumpkins, she would enjoy carving them and pulling out all the "guts." Unfortunately, I grossly underestimated just how much she loved her pumpkins, and when we cut into them she completely flipped out. So we hurriedly put her to bed and set to work. Chase did the spider, which turned out to be a little too fragile and collapsed within 24 hours, and I did the wolves. When Livia woke up the next morning and saw what we had done to her beloved pumpkins there were some major tears. But she's over it now and likes the pictures on her pumpkins. Ü
Livia went to a Halloween party with our playgroup on Friday. Here she is in the little costume I made her (the only way I could get her to hold still was to let her hold a pumpkin. Can we say obsessed??)

When we got to the party we discovered that one of her little friends was Bam-Bam! I couldn't have planned that more perfectly. Unfortunately, this was the best picture I could get. Trying to get one toddler to pose for a picture is hard enough. Two? Practically impossible.
She had fun at that party, but the ward trunk-or-treat that night did NOT go so well. She was completely overwhelmed and was glued to my side the entire night. Again, there were tears. But she cheered up once we got home, and we got a quick picture.
So Happy Halloween, everyone! I'm dreading throwing out our quickly dying jack-o-lantern. Livvy will be crushed. But at least we have Thanksgiving to look forward to!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! Goodness...how long did that take you?? (I thought we did good just to get the triangle eyes, nose, and a mouth with a few teeth!) You always set the bar so high :)

Mary said...

Thanks, Rach! We used patterns for the pumpkins, and they look a lot harder than they actually are. I'm not creative enough to come up with anything cool on my own!

Anonymous said...

Cute costumes!! And amazing pumpkins. I am WAY impressed, those pumpkins look awesome.

I can't believe how much Livia loves pumpkins, that is so cute!

Unknown said...

This is Mom. Livia looks so cute in her costume! You do too, by the way. I was wishing I could hear her say "pun-tees" when I realized we still have some uncarved ones around here for her to see next week! I can't wait!