Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vacation

Last week Chase and I went on a marvelous vacation. We drove down to Apple Valley and left Livia there with my parents!! Chase and I continued on to San Diego and stayed there for several days, as he thoroughly enjoyed not having to go to work for a week, and I even more thoroughly enjoyed being able to do whatever I wanted without the constraints of a toddler! We had many peaceful meals at restaurants, took afternoon naps, and could even stay out past 8:00. *Gasp!*

We took the opportunity to go to the San Diego temple, which we hadn't been back to since we were married there almost 3 years ago. It was kinda fun to go on a Wednesday morning...I'm pretty sure we were the only people there under 65. Ü


We went to Sea World one day and were surprised to discover that they now administer bioscans as you enter. Seriously, they take your fingerprint and connect it with the barcode on your ticket. We were wondering why until a man in line ahead of us got into a huge argument with the employee--turns out he had been planning on getting in with his ticket, exiting and getting a stamp, and then giving the same ticket to his son. Really?? I didn't know anyone did stuff like that, but it must be a problem because otherwise I don't think they'd bother with the bioscan.

Chase ended up lasting a minute and a half at this exhibit. My time?? 20 seconds. How embarrassing! (But at least it adds credence to my assertions that I have horrible lung capacity)
(I did try again later and got 45 seconds, but that's still pretty wussy)


We also went sea kayaking, which was cut short because I got seasick. I have a ridiculously weak stomach nowadays. I've now gotten sick snorkeling, kayaking, and fasting (I have thrown up multiple times when breaking my fast. It's kind of a problem). I felt badly that we didn't even make it through half our kayak rental time! So lame.

Livia was happy the entire time we were gone. I honestly don't think she missed us at all. It took her a good five minutes to warm up to us after we came back to AV, but then she was excited and wanted to show us all the fun things she had played with in our absence.

Since we were in Southern California, we took the opportunity to meet up with some good friends of ours from BYU. It was so much fun to catch up!

It was a perfect vacation. We got to spend time with friends and family, as well as have time all to ourselves to relax and have some child-free fun. (Not that we don't love having Livia with us...but since she is, in reality, my full-time job, it was nice to get a complete vacation from all my normal responsibilities.)


My parent's house has a LOT more toys and interesting things around than our little apartment does. Not to mention doting grandparents and super fun aunts and uncles. She had an absolute blast, and has been suffering from withdrawals ever since, I'm afraid. Here's a video of her playing the piano. I love how she wants to use the entire length of the piano, and how she sings along. Also, when she played she insisted a piano book be open, and would occasionally request that we turn the page. Ü
I don't know where she learned that since we don't have a piano, but it sure was cute!


4 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

We missed that exhibit at Sea World with the how long you can hold your breath- its a good thing too because I know that it would not be very long for me. I love Livia singing while she plays the piano- she already has great skills :-)

Stephanie M. said...

How cute!
I'm glad you guys had a nice vacation! Everyone needs a break once in a while!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for vacations!! It was totally fun to see you guys!

I love the video with the piano, she sure was determined to use the whole thing! And great singing :) Totally cute!!

Mary Dawn said...

Your vacation sounds amazing. And it's clear Livia is going to be a concert pianist.