On Thursday (ok, so that's not technically the weekend) I babysat two boys for a friend of mine who was out of town. They are such good kids, and Livia had so much fun playing with them! I will admit that the energy level caught me a bit off-guard. I don't know if it's a boy vs. girl thing, or just Livia's personality, but she and I spend a lot of time sitting and playing together, and there wasn't a whole lot of sitting going on that day!
They had a lot of fun jumping in Livia's crib together (hope I didn't set a bad precedent, but they were having such a blast!)
That evening I went to my ballet class and then rushed to Madeleine's baby shower. I arrived as most everyone was leaving, but still had fun chatting with those who stayed late.
On Friday I watched those two adorable boys again, and in the morning had Livia's friend Emerson over as well, because I always watch her on Fridays. It was, in a word, wild.
Not a bad wild, just wild. Very high-energy. Ü
As I mentioned, Livia and I sit a lot as we play together, and at one point she just got tired of running around and planted herself in a corner where she spent the next half hour by herself, reading.
That evening I headed off for a Jane Austen movie night. We watched the new Emma, a brilliant 4-hour long version (Laura, you must see it!) that I thoroughly enjoyed. And then we chatted. Until 2 am.
Saturday morning dawned bright and early. Livia woke me up crying in her crib, and Chase had apparently already gotten up, because he wasn't in bed. I let her cry for a few minutes, wondering why he wasn't getting her, and then figuring he was eating breakfast or something, called him on the phone. Yes. I am that lazy. Turns out he was out on a bike ride, so I had to get up. :(
We hit the library book sale, which was extremely fruitful as usual, then headed off to a friend's 30th birthday brunch. Following that event we got ready and headed off to a wedding up in Mill Valley. I've mostly been to LDS weddings, though my sister and I have been to a few small church weddings where we played the violin as the bride walked down the aisle, so this was my first full-blown wedding, and I have to say it was a lot of fun! The whole experience, driving time and all, was about 10 hours: Ceremony, hors d'oeurves, open bar of which I did not partake, toasts, full dinner, dancing, desserts, more dancing...it was so much fun! I could have stayed and danced all night, but we thought it best to leave before all the drunk people did.
Here we are, waiting for the ceremony to start:
Sunday was rather typical, and then tonight I had my mini ballet recital. Did I mess up? Oh yes. We only started learning the choreography a few weeks ago, and only ran through the entire thing with music a handful of times. Only one other girl in the class came often enough recently to learn the choreography, so it was just the two of us tonight. I feel terribly, because I made some rather large errors but just kept going, pretending that that WAS the choreography (which is what you're supposed to do, right?) but Chase said that because I looked more confident in what I was doing than the other girl, it just made it look like she was the one to mess up, not me. Whoops! Well, at least I know I'm good at winging it. Ü
It's been a lot of fun to take ballet again. I wish I could have learned ballet earlier on in life, since every single teacher I've ever had has pulled me aside to tell me that I have just the right feet for ballet, but alas! I'm already too old to really learn it. Livia was so cute at the recital tonight. It was way past her bedtime, but she sat perfectly still, positively enthralled by all the performances. Maybe I'll start putting her in some classes next year!
2 comments:
Its boys. They're crazy. ;-)
Oh Mary...I am half laughing-half horrified as I read this post, because I know how out of control my boys can get. I can honestly say, I feel EXHAUSTED everyday just from trying to keep up with them and keep them alive. I really hope that "wild" was a code word for "worst few days of my life". We owe you big time!
And they had so much fun! Ty keeps asking if he can go back over to your house!
Post a Comment