Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's finished!

Remember this?And remember how I said I would finish it by the end of August? Well, that didn't happen. I'm blaming it entirely on morning sickness. Once I felt like a human being again at the end of October, I picked my project back up and finally, on Thursday, I finished it!

Here's a partially done shot, just after I'd finished embroidering all the animals/objects.
A few close-ups


And....ta da!


Definitely not perfect, but I think it turned out pretty well! It ended up looking pretty much how I imagined it, which is rare for me. Everything is hand embroidered, including the letters. The only thing I used the sewing machine for was sewing on the squares and backing. And may I say, that that was the least fun part of the entire experience?! I really do prefer needlepoint to sewing with a machine. It may be slower, but it's much less frustrating, and requires virtually NO unpicking! I like detail work. I liked this project. But I'm also liking the fact that it's done!

3 comments:

Stephanie M. said...

WOW!! That is really really neat. Good work!

mj said...

i love it! love, love, love it. i should have come to you for some tips on a project i'm doing. i'll have to show it to you sometime. it's taking FOR.E.VER. and i don't even have morning sickness to blame it on!

Jasmyn said...

Wow, Mary - that is amazing! Good work!