Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

Every single Thanksgiving that I can remember from childhood was spent at my grandparent's house. I feel so lucky to live in the bay area now too, so we could easily keep up the tradition! My family also drove up from Southern California, so it was a fun, family-filled weekend (though we missed Laura, Austin, and Jon!).

Emily, David, and Livia were practically inseparable, which was fun for me to see (and nice because it meant I could relax and chat!), and our time was filled with lots of visiting, cooking, and laughter.

My personal Thanksgiving is not complete without a visit from Santa. Livia promptly announced that "It's not Santa, it's Uncle David!" which made us smile (and hopefully didn't bother David too much!). My dad even took time off work to come, which hasn't happened in a long time, so we were all extra excited to see him!

We spent some time playing at the park--another fond memory of mine from Thanksgivings past






I didn't take any pictures of the Thanksgiving feast, but we sure enjoyed it!
And just for kicks, here's a belly shot at 19 weeks.


2 comments:

Simonds Family said...

"Curly For President" good call Bishop Self, good call.

laura said...

glad you had such a wonderful thanksgiving. we wish we could've been there! we were lucky enough to have a visit with santa dave on skype, which was fun. :) we look forward to seeing you guys soon!