Friday, April 8, 2011

March

I have fallen behind in my blog, largely because my time has been spent getting ready for the baby and trying to make sure I spend lots of good quality time with Livia now, while I can give her my undivided attention. But there are things I ought to write about! You may or may not know that I love St. Patrick's day. People don't usually celebrate it all that much, but I took the opportunity to throw a party! Chase didn't know I was going to do it 'til he got the evite along with everyone else. He thought I was crazy to take on something in my hugely pregnant state, but I knew I'd be disappointed if I didn't do it! And besides, it's easier now than when she's born, right? I invited lots of friends and made LOTS of green food (and didn't take a single picture that whole evening!) That was about it, but I think it went well (except for the fact that I was still doing last-minute food preparations well into the start of the party. One day I will have everything ready on time. One day!) I really enjoyed the planning part of it too--looking up recipes, thinking about all the options of things I could serve. There are a lot of green foods out there! That weekend I was thrown a small baby shower by a good friend whose husband used to work with Chase. We had a lovely brunch, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! We were also lucky enough to have friends in town that afternoon! We've been friends with the Capelos since our BYU days. They live in southern california, but came up north that weekend for work, and it was so much fun to visit with them! Unfortunately it was pouring rain that day, so our plans to go out and do something fun together were foiled, but I still very much enjoyed myself and can't wait until the next time we see them!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I was bummed I couldn't make the St. Patrick's party OR your shower. But I was just excited to be invited to both! :)