Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Resolutions
I'm big on resolutions. I set them faithfully every year and usually accomplish about 75% of them. Not too shabby, eh? I'm beginning to think Liv may have inherited my goal-orientedness (is that even a word??), because she has totally jumped on board with the two resolutions I set on her behalf:
1) Go potty all by herself
2) Eat whatever mommy and daddy are eating for dinner.
The first one is simply because she has been able to do it all on her own for some time, but always asks for my help anyway. At the risk of sharing too many details, I did tell her I would help her when she went no. 2, and for a week or so she trained herself to go a little bit every.single.time.she.went.to.the.bathroom, so that I'd have to help her. Kids are kind of amazing. But luckily that little phase seems to be over, and she's doing great.
And now for the second goal. Oh, Livia. Possibly the strangest eater on the face of the planet. I've mentioned before how she LOVES fruits and veggies but won't touch virtually every entree. For the past 3 1/2 years of her life, she's lived on bread, plain pasta noodles, chicken nuggets, and rice for dinner. And, oh boy, was I getting tired of it.
I am pleased to report that she is doing so well!! Case in point, tonight she had spaghetti noodles with sauce. And the other night she ate a taco. Granted, she made the taco herself and it only included veggies and sour cream. But still, progress! She has tried soup, stew, steak, potatoes, and a host of other things that she would never even taste before. She hasn't liked everything, and I've had to make sure I have bread and butter available at every meal so she can fill up on something besides vegetables, but I am so proud of what she's accomplished! Here's hoping she continues to do well, and that by the end of the year she will have a short list of foods she does not like, instead of a short list of things that she does.
She also now drinks milk out of a regular cup, instead of a sippy cup, and somehow that makes her seem so incredibly grown up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment