Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Hard to believe my Little One is four years old today! 






Things I want to remember about Livia at 4 years old:

  • Loves to play games (Uno, Candy Land, Old Maid, Zingo, etc.), and especially LOVES to win. I usually go easy on her so that she can win, but the other day we were playing Chutes and Ladders and even though she was ahead of me I happened to spin the exact number I needed to get to a ladder that would take me to the winning square. The funny thing was I didn't even have to move my piece--she took one look at the spinner and burst into tears, claiming she never wanted to play any games ever again! Obviously, we need to work on the whole "sore loser" thing. 
  • Stashes things all over the house. I am constantly finding napkins, bags, pennies, paper clips, post-it notes, paper plates, mail, or other items in little piles under her bed, in her play kitchen, or in her back-pack. She will also often climb up onto the counter to retrieve her candy bag from the cupboard  and then take a few pieces and hide them in her toy dishes to eat later when she thinks I'm not looking. We are working on her squirrel-like tendencies as well. 
  • Can write her name and most letters of the alphabet very well. Pretends to write notes in which the words are all variations of the letters in her name. 
  • Goes to bed like an angel and can sleep through anything. Trust me, Jane's tried.
  • Loves joy school, primary, and playing with friends. Liv is super social. 
  • Most bizarre eater on the face of the planet. We've talked about this before. 
  • Always dresses herself, but will thankfully listen to me if I tell her it's too cold for shorts, or if something really doesn't match. Wears headbands nearly every day.
  • Livia is really into nicknames. Nicknames for people and nicknames for things. 
We love our smart, silly, spunky girl and can't wait to see all she learns and accomplishes over the next year!

2 comments:

laura said...

Happy birthday Livia! Oh how we love you!

Justin and Roxanna said...

She is so cute! Happy Birthday to Livia!