Sunday, April 22, 2012

One year later...

It's so hard to believe that Jane is already a year old! I think she had a nice birthday today. It started out pretty normal with hurrying to get ready for church and then taking a long afternoon nap. But she really started to get excited when we broke out the presents and cake!

 Trying a bite of cake...
 "Hey! This is amazing!"
 Just about done, and looking extremely gluttonous
 Too tired to use her hands anymore. Pretty sure that means we're done.


Here's a long clip of the cake eating experience

And a slideshow I made of her first year. I made one of these when Livia turned one, and she still asks to watch it all the time. Poor Jane gets the shaft in so many ways, I figured the least I could do was make one for her, as well!
















At 12 months old Jane

  • has four teeth
  • hasn't taken any steps yet, but cruises all over the place and is a master crawler
  • sleeps from about 7:00-7:00, waking up once around 4 or 5 a.m. to nurse, and takes two solid naps a day.
  • Eats like a champ. She eats about twice as much as Livia does now at every meal, and has the thighs to prove it.
  • Says five words: Dada/Da, Hi, Boo, Mom, and Ya-ya (Livia). She often says "Hi-Da" when Chase walks into a room. 
  • Is very even-tempered and happy, and puts up with a lot of Livia's antics. 
  • Immediately crawls into the bathroom every time we forget and leave the door open. It is by far her favorite room in the house. 
  • Does not mind getting dirty. She loves to crawl around parks and the beach, and puts anything she can find into her mouth. She complains whenever I try to clean her up. This is very different from Livia, who would get upset whenever her hands got messy, loved to get clean, and still has issues with sand being "too sandy."
  • Her favorite games are hide-and-go-seek, chase, and peek-a-boo. She plays well independently and doesn't have too much patience for sitting in our laps.
  • Loves to dance and starts bopping around anytime she hears music. 
  • Does pretty well in the car, unless she thinks I've left her there (like when I drop Livia off at a friend's house and leave her there for a minute and a half. Then she's always crying when I get back in the car. You'd think I'd just take her with me to the door, but no, I don't).
My favorite stage for babies is between 6 and 12 months, so I'm a little sad to see it ending. But it'll be fun to see Jane learning so many new things every day! We sure love our little Janie!

2 comments:

laura said...

Aw! What an adorable birthday girl! I love the photos and video of the cake eating. She was going to town! And that slideshow totally made me cry. We love little Janie and wish we could be closer to see you guys more often. Happy birthday, Jane!

also, your hair is getting so long!

Simonds Family said...

Happy Birthday to Jane! The pic of her looking at the cake is hilarious! What a cutie!