The day started with a pancake breakfast and children's parade.
Livia's helmet always squishes down her eyebrows and makes her all squinty. It kills me!
Livia made the switch to a booster seat that day, and broke it in by promptly falling asleep. She never does that anymore.
We ended the day with fireworks at Shoreline with friends and family. Jane hates loud noises. Really. She cries every time I get out the blender or vacuum. And then once I actually turn it on, oh boy! So naturally, I was a bit apprehensive about fireworks. But she fell asleep in her stroller before they began and even though they woke her up I swear she thought it was a dream, because she just stared at them, totally relaxed and glassy-eyed. Hooray, for that!
(Note: I think Liv has gotten a lot more USA pride since the olympics began. On the 4th we tried explaining to her why we're grateful to live here, but she didn't seem to care. Now she usually at least roots for the US, so that's progress! Sometimes she decides she wants China to win though, and once she announced she'd always wanted to move to Latvia...)
1 comment:
I'm totally chuckling out loud. Latvia. That girl kills me.
Post a Comment