Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Perceptions

Livia's at that age where she understands a lot, but not quite everything, which makes for some pretty entertaining conversations. One day Emily and I sat down with her and asked her some questions:

Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Livia: A ballerina, an artist, and I can't remember what else...maybe a tooth fairy.
Me: Oh! What do you think the tooth fairy does with all the teeth she gets?
Livia: She sails them.
Emily: She sells them? Or sails them?
Livia: Sails them.
Me: Oh, like in a boat?
Livia: Yeah.
Emily: Where does she go in the boat?
Livia: To a very big town.
Me: And then what happens to them?
Livia: What happens is they go into a very big pit...as mud.

Me: What do kids do at school?
Livia: Do homework. Do math. That's it, I guess.

Me: Who do you want to be like when you grow up?
Livia: I want to be like the baby sister.

Me: What does mommy do? What's my job?
Livia: To take care of all of us! To do the laundry and stuff.

Me: What do you like to do?
Livia: I like to wear tap shoes and play the piano, and that's it.

Me: What does it mean to be old?
Livia: It means to be died. You die when you're old.
Me: Oh. And what is it like to be old?
Livia: You get older and older and do stuff.
Me: Do you look different?
Livia: Yeah, you look old.

Me: Are you going to get married someday?
Livia: No, I want to live with you.

Me: How old is Grandma?
Livia: Hmm, I don't know. 21st?

Me: Can you tell me a story?
Livia: Once upon a time, there was a hippo who ate lots of marbles and got sick. And that's it. And he died.

Me: Why is the sky blue?
Livia: Because it's Heavenly Father's, and he painted it.

Me: If you bought something from a store, what would you buy?
Livia: A tree, flowers, and a boat. Not trees, I mean leaves.
Emily: What are you going to do with the leaves?
Livia: I'm going to glue it to the flowers, so it'll look pretty.

Me: What do kittens eat?
Livia: Apples, violins, crayons, hippos, ostriches.

Me: Are you going to have kids when you grow up?
Livia: No, I don't want a shot.
Me: What shot?
Livia: The shot in your tummy. But there's medicine to help you not feel anything owie.

Me: Who are you going to marry when you grow up?
Livia: NO ONE!!! I want to stay with my family and blankie. I don't want to eat anymore (presumably, so she won't grow up).

Additionally, the other day she asked me if Daddy would be home from work "by midnight or center-night?"

Don't you love these little glimpses into their world?!

No comments: