At the end of August we received a phone call early one morning letting us know that Grandma Baldwin had passed away. Her health had started failing earlier in the year, and so we weren't shocked by the news, but still so, so sad. I only knew her for about 6 years, but I loved and admired her very much. She was so thoughtful and generous, the consummate hostess, a perfectionist, and had the ability to make you feel welcomed and loved in an instant.
We all quickly made arrangements to fly out to Utah for the funeral. It was a lovely service, and all of her grandchildren took a few minutes to speak. She was a remarkable lady, and I look forward to the day when we can be with her again.
The one true bright spot of funerals is that you get to see so much family!
These kids crack me up. But isn't Utah simply gorgeous?!
Chase's family at the cemetery.
While we were in Utah, we took an afternoon to take the girls to Temple Square.
It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but we were so grateful to be able to be there to remember and honor such a wonderful woman. I'm glad that Livia, at least, will have memories of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment