(It's hard to get a decent picture of Jane, so sorry for the weird facial expression)
I can't believe Jane is nearly 18 months! Only two more Sundays until nursery (not that I've been counting down for the past few months or anything...) and she's at that age where she seems to learn something new every single day.
Jane is a climber and must be watched at ALL times, unless she's in her room, in which case she's almost always just looking at books. I am so incredibly grateful that she hasn't figured out how to open doors yet, because if I forget to close the bathroom door or the door to my room she wreaks absolute havoc.
She doesn't love her stroller much anymore, and prefers to walk herself. We've started taking simple walks around the block again, and I just love watching her little legs run.
Her vocabulary is exploding. A few weeks ago I counted about 40 words that she can say, but she's learning new ones each day, and I've officially lost count. She's also been really interested in animal sounds, and has started incorporating phrases, like "thank you" and "I love you," into her speech. But I think it's funny she hasn't learned the word "yes" yet. She always says no, even if she really wants something.
She recently figured out remotes, and we've discovered a random movie playing on Netflix on more than one occasion (it plays even if the tv is off, so we don't always notice right away).
She's been killing us by waking up at precisely 5:30 most days of the week. This wouldn't be so bad if I could figure out how to go to bed before 1:00 a.m., and if Livia would stop waking me up at 3 a.m. with nightmares, but as it is, we're all exhausted. Chase and I take turns getting up with her in the morning so we can count on some sleep at least a few days a week.
Janie keeps us on our toes, but she's a happy little girl and we sure love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment