Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

(Beautiful even in October)


Reasons why I love St. Patrick's day:


1. Green is my favorite color.

2. I discovered last year that I have Irish heritage (not much, but still)

3. I spent 3 whole days in Ireland a few years ago, and loved it!

4. It's a fun holiday that doesn't require spending lots of money.
5. What's not to love? (Except for Chase pinching me when I first woke up in the morning because my pajamas weren't green! So unfair...)

Anyway, so last year I got all excited and made Chase an entirely green dinner. Thus the tradition began...

We have here a basil and spinach risotto (which didn't turn out nearly as green as the picture), asparagus, a zucchini pancake, and green salad. Note the green tablecloth and, of course, limes in the water.For dessert, what else? Key lime pie.

Chase found the limes decidedly sour.
Livia ate corn. Lots of corn. And loved it.Here's a picture I found from my visit to Ireland. It had something to do with finding true love and being able to put your arms all the way around the cross....I don't really remember. But I do know that my arms are never going to be long enough to fit around that cross.

So I couldn't find the picture of me in front of St. Patrick's cathedral in Dublin. Which is really too bad, because that would have been perfect...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dinner looks good. Did you make the pie?

Unknown said...

Livia is so cute with her messy spaghetti face!

Unknown said...

Livia's chubby cheek smile is so cute! I remember those days of a bath after every meal.
From Mom