Tuesday, May 5, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things (about Livia)

1. Hearing the pitter-patter of her little feet as she walks around the kitchen. The uneven gait. The frequent stops to examine a forgotten cheerio underneath her high chair. I love that.



2. When she gets hungry in the car I'll often reach my hand back at a stoplight with a fishie or raisin. I feel her little fingers explore my hand, and then a tiny fist close around her new treasure. I love that.



3. How she wakes up so incredibly happy in the morning. Chase and I both love this, and he'll often wait a few extra minutes to go to work so he can be there for it. The tousled hair. The huge grin that spreads over her face when she sees us peeking in from the doorway. How she immediately flops down and rolls all over her crib, grinning and laughing all the while. I love that.



4. The way she tries to make a break for it when I catch her holding or doing something she knows she can't have/do. Either throwing the forbidden object away from her or clutching it tightly to her chest, she'll run as fast as her little legs can carry her. I love that (for now, while she's slow).



5. The look on her face when she develops a new skill: intense concentration followed by a beaming smile and an occasional giggle. I love that.









Happy Mother's day (early)!

No comments: