Friday, January 8, 2010

Guatemala 2: family time

One of the best and most important parts about our trip to Guatemala was being able to see Chase's parents! We talk to them on skype each week, but this was the first time since Livia was 2 months old that she was able to actually spend time with her Grandma and Grandpa Baldwin.

First item of business: ride the merry-go-round!
Livia was not so sure about the whole thing, but afterwards stared at it spinning round and round, quite enthralled!

Livia also loved spending time with her aunt and uncle, daddy, and cousin Ella! Family picture!
(I think it's funny how much higher off the ground Ella is compared to Livia. Seriously, wow.)

Here's Cheryl with her two granddaughters:

Chase was so excited to see his parents again, and when he's happy, he's goofy. I don't really remember what he was doing at the time, but I do remember being wholly unsurprised when his dad tackled him.
Tyler, Rich, and Chase at Kominaljuyu (the mounds are unexcavated ruins)
Livia was a little hot and cold on this trip. There was a lot of screaming, I'm afraid. Particularly during flights and trips in the car. But there were also a lot of giggles, and she has been talking about grandma, grandpa, and ella ever since we got home.

This would be one of those "cold" times. Sorry, Rich!


Playing with her grandparents, and loving it!

No comments: