Today I was in a bit of a funk. Livia woke up before I did, and something about having to be responsible the second my eyes open in the morning makes me cranky.
And so we had breakfast and played together, but all the while I kept looking around the house and seeing all the things I wanted to clean or organize, and I confess I wasn't the most eager playmate for Livia.
I especially wanted to wash the windows. That's been on my to-do list for two weeks now. And then suddenly I had an Idea.
Livia helps me dust all the time, so why in the world couldn't she help me wash windows? After a quick lesson in Windex use (you squirt only windows. ONLY windows!) we set to work. And besides being a little trigger happy and squirting the same few inches of glass about 20 times, it worked out really well!
I kept asking her if she still wanted to help or if she'd rather go play, but she insisted on helping and we made it through every set of windows in our apartment in less than an hour.
And then I was left to wonder, "why didn't I think of this before??"
In the end I was happier, my windows were (mostly) clean, and Livia was pleased at having been such a good helper. My day is looking brighter! (literally...hahaha...)
3 comments:
That IS brilliant! Remind me to try that every month until Graham is old enough to actually do it. ;)
Brilliant! I'm taking notes :)
I TOTALLY get the whole "having to be responsible the second my eyes open in the mornings makes me cranky" thing! Unfortunately for me I still haven't learned to wake up before Kenna! Yikes. And I too am learning to, as I tell Kyle, "live in the mess." It goes away when she goes to bed, and I can always clean while she naps. But I am already teaching her to help me with chores! Lucky for me she LOVES putting clothes in the dryer and putting her blocks away!
Post a Comment