Jon is ridiculously smart, but admittedly rather lazy (which is exactly the combo that drove me crazy in school--those kids that never cracked a book but still aced all their tests. You know what I'm talking about?). He skated through high school, ending up as valedictorian without having to do much of anything, but his freshman year at BYU gave him a good kick in the pants. I think being a missionary will be reallllly good in getting the lazy out of him. Ü
When it comes to jobs, however, Jon was always hardworking. He'd never be late to work, though he'd sleep through classes without thinking twice. I don't know what Jon's going to be "when he grows up" but I can guarantee you that he'll give it his all.
Jon was also that 5 year old that gave such sincere, poignant prayers, that all the older kids and adults would open their eyes and just stare at him. He's a spiritual giant, that one, and I can't think of one circumstance where I felt he hadn't done his best to choose the right.
Jon is great at making friends. He's so easy-going, so artless in the way he interacts with others, that you can't help but want to hang out with him. He's fun, and entertaining, and just an all-around cool guy.
I can't wait to see where he'll go in life and the things that he'll accomplish!
No comments:
Post a Comment