Sunday, June 6, 2010

Emily

When my parents announced that we were going to have another addition to our family, we were all shocked. Jon was nearly 10 years old at the time! We may have been surprised, but my parents were not, and though the growth of our family necessitated a move out to the middle of nowhere, I was SO excited!Emily is the one girl in our family to have inherited the athletic gene. Laura and I are both rather hopeless, but Emily both excels at and enjoys sports. She's quick and coordinated, and I think she'll become a rather accomplished athlete someday.

Emily is also sensitive and caring. She loves Loves LOVES animals, and takes such good care of all her pets. With her athleticism and love of animals, I think she should be an animal trainer one day. Just a thought.

Emily is mature and responsible. Though just 9 years old, I can leave her to watch Livia with an easy mind, knowing that she will keep Livia both safe and entertained. For a long time my relationship with Emily was more similar to a mother/child than sisterly relationship, because she was only 4 when I went away to college. But I think we are quickly becoming good friends, and I enjoy hanging out with her every time I go home for a visit.

Emily loves shopping. A girl after my own heart! She also tries so hard to do what's right, and is such a good person.

I think Emily is one of the sweetest souls ever, and I so look forward to watching her continue to grow up and develop into an amazing young woman!

No comments: