Chase and I both love Van Gogh, and enjoyed seeing some of his works, as well as many of the other post-impressionist artists.
Livia was restless in the museum, of course, and it was pretty tricky since we weren't allowed to bring a stroller into the exhibit. She also insisted that I, not Chase, hold her the entire time (and if you think it's easy to carry a wiggly toddler for an hour when you're 5 months pregnant, you must have never tried it).
At one point I moved into another room of the exhibit and she started to completely flip out, saying she didn't want to go that way, she wanted to go back the other way. As I tried to shush her and explain that we had to go a certain way in order to leave the exhibit, it suddenly occured to me that I should ask WHY she wanted to go back the other way. It turns out she had been looking at a painting and wasn't finished admiring it yet.
I kid you not.
Here is her favorite painting (which she still remembers and will describe to you if you ask her)
It's called "The Violet Wave," and I'm still a bit flabbergasted by that whole experience. Once she had gazed at it for a few more minutes I asked if she was done and she said "yep" and went docile as a lamb into the next room.
We played outside by the fountains for a while before driving home, and called it a day!

No comments:
Post a Comment