Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thoughts

  • I'll officially be in the third trimester tomorrow. I'm starting to panic just a little about all the things I need to get done in the next three months. On the other hand, I'm 6 months pregnant and all I really want to do during my free moments is lie down and take a nap. Hopefully my responsible side will win out MOST of the time.
  • Pretending is the name of the game around here nowadays. We go to school, restaurants, the grocery store, have tea parties, you name it! And I kind of love it! Mainly because it means that all Livia really wants me to do is sit near her and go along with the storylines she comes up with. I can sit in one place for almost an hour while she runs around me during these games, and she is happy as can be! She has also developed imaginary friends (the little einsteins) who are always invited to our tea parties. The other day she informed me that I sat on Quincy. She is also quick to tell me that I can't put away a certain puzzle yet because "Annie is playing with it."
  • Livia's naptime is quickly becoming a thing of the past. She will still usually do quiet time for an hour, but has so far only napped 2 or 3 times in January. I'm trying not to be totally depressed about this...but I had really been hoping she'd keep it up until the baby arrived--or preferably a little past that event.
  • Liv understands really well that a new baby is coming. We talk about it a lot, and if you ask her what's happening in April, she will promptly tell you that her baby sister is coming. We've had discussions about giving her crib and old carseat to the baby, and she has readily agreed to ALL of these things. I know she does not understand all the implications--having to divide my time is something I don't really know how to prepare her for--but I'm pleased that overall she gets what's going on, and is excited about it. She gives the baby a hug and a kiss every night before bed, and I think it's adorable.
  • I'm trying to decide whether or not to send Livia to preschool this coming fall. I know she'd love it, but do I really want to spend the money for her to attend preschool for TWO years?? Has anyone in the area found a relatively affordable preschool that they liked?

2 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

I have really enjoyed doing a joy school group. Ask around at church - I think there will be a group forming for this fall. :)

Rach said...

I didn't put Ty in preschool this year. I looked around and really like the one that is at the community center right next to Rengstroff park...but we decided not to mostly because it seemed like more of a "playgroup" that you pay a lot for. But at the same time, it is nice for kids to get practice playing and sharing with other kids and also you get some time alone/with the baby. I am sure that whatever you do will work out great!
By the way, do you have a toddler bed for Liv yet? We have one kicking around in our storage unit if you need one!