Let's just admit it, Liv isn't (so far) very artistically inclined. She likes to color and do art projects, but she still hasn't gotten much past scribbling all over the page. This is largely my fault, as I haven't really taught her how to draw anything else. Quiet time spent coloring tends to be my cue to try to get something done. So a couple of weeks ago when she wanted to color, I sat down with her and asked her to draw me. It took a bit of scaffolding, but eventually she came up with a recognizable face! I also told her to draw a sun, which is the large object on the right. She drew a flower below the picture of me, but it's a little hard to differentiate that from the random lines and markings that are my body. For a first real attempt at drawing something though, I thought it wasn't half bad!

No comments:
Post a Comment