Sunday, June 12, 2011

Life outside of children

The above picture was taken about a month ago when we visited Chase at his work. Even though 99% of my blog posts are about my children, there are other facets of our lives! And Chase's work is obviously a big part of his. The Oracle campus is beautiful, and he says he's learned a lot about corporate finance so far.

Chase also takes the opportunity almost every Saturday to go out biking. He usually goes with his brother, Tyler, and they go road biking and mountain biking up in the hills near our home.
This picture is obviously from a mountain biking excursion that he went on one rather wet weekend. I don't know if you can zoom in enough to see it, but his face is completely spattered with mud, and even though I washed his shorts multiple times I couldn't get all the mud stains out. But look how happy he is!
I love that he loves cycling, and that he can do it so often.

Jane has blessed us by going to bed at about the same time as Livia every night, so Chase and I still have our evenings together, which I love! I was really dreading having to give those up, so I'm glad I didn't have to. It's nice to have some time each evening to chat, watch a show together, read a book beside each other on the couch, or even clean up the kitchen together.

No comments: