Friday, October 21, 2011

Camping

A few weeks ago Chase took Livia camping overnight. He went with his brother, Tyler, and their friend, Jim, both of whom have two-year-old daughters.

Livia was in heaven.

Apparently the fire was a little big, and none of the girls could get close enough to it to roast marshmallows. But I think they were perfectly content eating the ones their dads roasted anyway. 


The three girls went to bed in their respective tents around 9:00 pm but, according to Chase, stayed up at least another hour chatting with each other between tents. And Tessa made it past 11:00 singing to herself. Ü

The next morning they went to a nearby playground. If you look closely at this picture you can get a good idea of the level of cleanliness that was maintained while the dads were in charge. Also the amazing hairstyling skills.


On the way home the next day they stopped and got lunch--and an ice cream cone as big as Livia's head (which, I should note, was technically a "small"). She couldn't finish it. That's my girl! (She often gets full and leaves half of a dessert left on her plate. I wish I had that kind of self-control...)



All the girls had a wonderful time, and Livia still talks about how she "got to go camping with Daddy and roast marshmallows." I'm so glad they went, even if it took a bit of work. I think activities like this are so important for kids. And it's even better when they can get some one-on-one time with Dad.

3 comments:

Simonds Family said...

That picture on the slide and caption-hilarious! =) Looks like she had a great time!

laura said...

love this! livvy looks so happy!

mj said...

so. fun. way to go chase! tell tyler nice job on ella's tip-top pony tail. hope you got some good one on one time with miss jane.