Saturday, September 3, 2011

Summer

I took very few pictures in the month of August. I'm making a special effort to take more in September, since both girls are growing up before my eyes and I'm hardly even getting a record of it!

So you'll just have to take my word for it that August was a fun, busy month. We went to the beach a few times, went swimming, spent lots of time at happy hollow, went to parks, played with friends, and ultimately spent very little time indoors.

And now for a couple pictures I actually managed to take:


 Livia and her friend Kayla sunbathing at the pool:

Liva "reading" to Jane. She thought of this all on her own:
(I can't wait until she can read for real. She'll LOVE it.)
 
 Note: Those are Kipling's "Just so Stories," which Livia loves. She has an incredible attention span for stories, especially considering these have very few pictures. She'll also sit and listen to stories on cd for up to 30 minutes.

A sunburned Jane. I know, I know, Bad Mom. We went to the beach and I had her all covered up--except for her cheeks. Whoops.
 Livia and Jane sitting on Daddy's lap. Both in their green pjs. I actually finally made Livia get rid of these pajamas last week. They're her favorite, and she's been wearing them for nearly 2 years (can you believe they've fit her that long?? They STILL fit, actually). But two years of very full bedtime diapers mean that these pjs have a not-so-pleasant smell embedded into their fibers that won't come out no matter how many times I wash it.

No comments: