One evening, driving in the car on the freeway, a large, rather wicked looking arachnid dropped down on its thread just inches away from my face.
Now, I'm not particularly afraid of spiders, but this startled the heck out of me! What with the car in front of me hitting their breaks at this exact time, it's a miracle I didn't get in an accident!
It climbed back up to the ceiling and disappeared a few moments later, which made me excessively nervous. I didn't want it crawling over Jane or Livia! But then I heard a little voice from the back seat saying, "there it is, mama!" I didn't even know she was paying attention! I certainly hadn't said anything about it. But she was right. There it was, crawling along the ceiling. I eyed it warily for the next several minutes, until it disappeared somewhere along the dashboard, and I never saw it again. I'm assuming it made its escape. Or died. Either way, not my problem anymore.
I'm just glad spiders don't happen to be one of my phobias, because I guarantee you I would have gotten in a car accident had I been more freaked out about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment