We've been going through some of Chase's old keepsakes. I've been sorting through the schoolwork for him, pulling out the good stuff. For your reading pleasure, a story by Chase Baldwin, written in 4th grade (including original spelling):
The Mystrey in Grand Unoin: What happened to the Kraft Chedderr Cheese
On May 29, 1992 at 12:00 pm I was at Grand Uoin. I was walking down the cereal ile. I picked out some Lucky Charms and for my mom I got some Total. Then some pop tarts. Then I got some fruit roll ups. Then I got a can of coke and some pringals. Then a bag of gummy bears. Then I got some appels and some peaches. Then some Lettues. Then I starded to go to the dairy ile. I got some milk yogurt & JELL-O putting snaks. Then I went to go get some cheese. I looked for the Kraft chedder cheese.
Were it would usally be I saw cream cheese. I did not want cream cheese. I wanted Kraft chedder cheese. I thout to myself mybe it got mouved but I could not find it any ware. So I asked some one at the front desk. He looked at the same plase I did and it was not there. He said a new shipment is comeing in next week.
I do not think I live without it for that long. So I just picked any chedder cheese. Brot the basket to the checkout counter. That week went by very slow. Evry day eating that grose chedder cheese. I could not waite till I got that Kraft chedder cheese.
When the week had passed I went right to the store but this time with my mom. So I could not get any junk food. But I could get KRAFT CHEDDER CHEESE.
I went to go get it but it was not there. So I asked someone at the front desk again. They said the next shipment wont be in entel a month. But I wanted Kraft chedder cheese. So I went home and desided to go back to Grand Unoin that night. Just before it closed and hide. Get into there main computer and sea whats going on. The time I was to go came very fast. So I had to sneek out of the basment. My mom think I am a sleep in my room.
On the way to Grand Unoin I think I saw my mom going to the gas staition. When I got to Grand Unoin I chaneded my bike up and went in side. I think they allredy started to close no shopers were there and all the checkout counters were closed. Most of the lights were off some one was coming probly to lock the doors. So I hid.
About 15 minetes later evrybudy had left. So I made my way tords the main computer. I notesed there was some sort of password on it. But I remeber them talking about it before. I could not remember the password. Then I thot of what it could be I tiped it in. It was rong and I now it sets of alarm in the police station. So I had to work fast. Then I remembered it was Grand Unoin so I tiped it in and looked up Kraft chedder cheese and it said something shoking.
It maid me very mad it said not cary any more.
So I quickly got out of there and on my way home I saw a hole bunch of police cars going towrds Grand Unoin. I went to my room and fell asleep. I slepped in that morning. i didn't realise it was saterday and I got ready fore school and woke up my mom and said I'm going to be late for school then she said its saterday go back to bed.
That afternoon she said I went the gas staitoin last night and could sworn I saw you riding your bike.
I finly desided what to do about kraft chedder cheese thing. Enstaid of going to Grand Unoin I would go to Martins. They caryed Kraft chedder cheese. Ackshully Martins was very nice, a lot biger and better than Grand Unoin.
The End
Warning: never show this story to a Grand Unoin worker
Warning: this story can be bad to your helf
Warning: this book seems true but its not
If you have heard anthing about this tell the South Burlington police station.
--------------
The ending kills me.
If I come across any other gems I'll let you know. This makes me want to go through my old schoolwork! Funny, funny stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment