Thursday, April 1, 2010

Count me in

A few of my friends are writing a blog a day for the month of April on the following topics:

I hesitated at first, because some days just get crazy and I may not actually get around to blogging. But hey, at least I'll get some of them in. Ü

So today's topic is all about you favorite song. Hello, hard! Not only do I love music and listen to it all the time, but favorite songs change a whole lot more than say, a favorite book or favorite movie, because you do listen to them repeatedly, and sometimes you get sick of even the best songs. However, there is one song that I have yet to tire of, even though I first heard it 8 years ago. And that would be These Days by Rascal Flatts (It's kind of a cheesy music video, so feel free to shrink it and just listen to the music). LOVE Rascal Flatts. They were the first country I ever listened to and liked, and since I afterwards became quite the country fan, they will always have a special place in my music heart.

This would be easier if a genre was specified. I worked in a music and dance library for 4 years, and since I often worked at a computer where I could wear headphones, and was in a place that carried over 16,000 cds, I listened to a wide variety of music. One of the most musically interesting bands I like is Sigur Ros--Olsen Olsen is probably my favorite song--they're an Icelandic group, and really ethereal, but the music is beautiful and I love the way it just washes over you.

Another classic favorite? Garth Brooks' Wrapped Up in You.

Okay, I'm cheating. I'll stop now.

5 comments:

Rach said...

I love those Rascals! I had never heard that song before...and I listened to it and immediately put it down on my list of songs to get! I loved it! Thanks for sharing!

mj said...

um, you did better than me! i could NOT narrow it down...and i'm already realizing tons that i missed. ah, well. i won't cheat on my future posts. well, i'll try not to.

and these days is one of my favs from rascal flatts. love it.

Molly said...

Yay! I didn't even try to narrow it down. I just wrote about all music. :) I'll check out that icelandic group!

Cheryl and William said...

Woohoo! I'm so glad that you joined in for the challenge!!

laura said...

what a fun idea! i didn't even know you liked sigur ros. austin introduced me to their music a few years ago, and i really like it too!

happy easter! and expect a fun postcard in the mail soon!