If my dad saw the title of this post he would laugh and warn you all to run to the hills.
Back when I was in middle school we had a family tradition every night at dinner to go around the table telling everyone about our day.
Perry would say "It was fine," and that was all.
Laura would describe a few things that happened.
And then it was my turn. "Well," I'd begin, "on the bus this morning..." and then "In 1st period we...." and so on through ALL 8 periods of the day. My dad used to cut me off after 15 minutes or so, and I would get so mad! Apparently I'm rather long winded.
SO, to spare you all, I will not go through EVERY detail of my day (aren't you relieved?), I'll just pick and choose a few things. (See Dad? I've learned. Maybe.)
It being the Sabbath today, we went to church. For once we were close to leaving on time. And then Livia asked to sit on the potty chair. Now, I knew very well that she wasn't actually going to go potty, but how can you say no to something like that?? So she sat on the potty. And didn't go.
We had a few more brief power struggles before we left, on such topics as which diaper to wear (because apparently she doesn't realize they're all exactly the same), and whether or not she could bring her maraca to church (definitely not). Finally we were on our way, and ended up being just a few minutes late. But at least this time it wasn't because of me!
Three of our sunbeams were not happy about being left by their parents today. One took a few minutes to calm down, another took all of singing time to stop crying and asking for his dad, and the last never made it and left with his mother, presumably to go take a nap.
Livia took a nearly 3 hour nap this afternoon, an extremely rare occurence for her, and Chase and I took the opportunity to take wonderful two-hour naps of our own. There's something about a Sunday afternoon that just requires a nap.
We went on a walk this evening after dinner, since the weather was far too gorgeous to pass up and we'd all slept away the afternoon. Livia insisted on wearing her rain boots. When we finally got outside she decided she absolutely had to have her umbrella. Halfway down the walkway she realized she didn't have her sunglasses so we had to go back again. All of this paired with her church dress made quite the outfit! And I know it's ridiculous, but I pick my battles, people! And with this girl, I have to.
Livia learned how to spell her name today. Only she doesn't realize that's what she's doing. She has a new toy that sings songs and talks to her, and you program it online to say the child's name. One of the little songs spells her name, and today she sang it to me! L-I-V-I-A! But sometimes she does get confused and says L-I-V-W-X-A. At least she's got that part of the alphabet song down, right? Now if only I can get her to recite this when I ask her to spell her name...then people will think she's a genius! Bwa-ha-ha!
My new plan to get Livia to eat food...any food...is to limit her to 16 oz. of milk a day. That's half of what she usually drinks, and while I've had to deal with lots of milk tantrums over the past few days, it's totally working! She has been eating noticeably more, and when she finally realizes she's not going to get any milk, she'll ask for yogurt or crackers instead. This is big. She even ate zucchini at dinner tonight. 5 whole pieces of it! Sweet, sweet success.
It was a good day. Not terribly eventful, but nice. Don't you just love the Sabbath?
No comments:
Post a Comment