Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 2: Favorite movie

I like a lot of movies, but I didn't even have to think twice about which is my favorite. The A&E Pride and Prejudice is hands down, no contest, my very favorite movie. I've seen it countless times, and yet every time I hear the opening music I find myself feeling a little giddy.


I like movies where dialogue matters. You can't talk during Pride and Prejudice. The wittiness and character development in P&P make the 5 hours both vital and wholly enjoyable.
I love that Mr. Collins is revolting. I love that Mary makes me feel horribly awkward. I love that Mr. Darcy first makes my blood boil and then makes me swoon. I love that Elizabeth is a wonderful but imperfect character. I love that Jane's happiness makes me feel incredibly happy myself. And I love that one conversation between Elizabeth and Lady Catherine, when Elizabeth refuses to back down and Lady Catherine doesn't get her way (for probably the first time in her life).
I. Love. This. Movie.
And I don't even care if it's cliche.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I've never seen this. I know, I know. It's true. Maybe I will one of these days (or 5 days...I can't sit for that long in one day).

Simonds Family said...

Ah, this reminds me I need find those pictures from England, especially the one in Heathrow airport with Mr. Darcy himself.

Lisa and Mark said...

mark loves these, too. he's watched them without me TWICE now.

The Holtry's said...

i remember when we watched this movie our freshman year. we could only handle like one hour every night!!! hahaha good times :)